Electrical Wiring Replacement & Repair
Our lives center around electricity. We go through our day bouncing between electrical devices, not thinking too much into it. Devices such as computers, HDTVs and gaming systems are extremely power hungry. This could be a risk for your home if the property’s wiring systems aren’t quite up to scratch.
This could be a huge safety issue for you, your family and your Ocean Isle Beach, NC, area home. If you’re concerned or unsure about your electrical wiring system, call A+ Heating & Cooling – Electrical. We can assess the state of your electrical system to secure your family’s safety.
How To Know if Your Home Needs New Electrical Wiring
Most people don’t often consider, or know much about, their home’s wiring systems. Like a lot of things, it’s only brought to people’s attention often when it’s too late. Did you know over 40,000 homes are affected by electrical fires each year? It is most often poor wiring that can trigger these fires.
If you’re having to rethink your wiring system, here are some signs that you need new electrical wiring:
- Your home is 30 years old or more
- You experience frequent blown fuses or breaker trips
- Your household members frequently use extension cords and more power outlets
- When using an appliance, your lights dim or flicker
If you experience any of these, it is a sign that the electricity system in your home is not safe, and is being pushed beyond its limits. If these occurrences are happening to you regularly, it could lead to serious danger.
Your next step should be to call A+ Heating & Cooling – Electrical. Our friendly, experienced team can provide you with professional help and fully assess your home’s needs.
DIY Electrical Wiring Installation and Repair
When some homeowners are told there’s a problem in their house, they want to have a go at fixing it themselves. DIY saves a few bucks and teaches you to be more sustainable with your own skills.
However, when it comes to electrical work, this is something that is best left to the professionals. Here’s why:
- Handling electricity is extremely dangerous and is not like any other household job. If something goes wrong, or you’re not sure what you’re doing, the results could be fatal
- If you’re dealing with overloaded circuits and improper wiring, there is a risk of an electrical fire
- It’s not just unsafe, but performing DIY electrical repairs means you could be violating codes of conduct. Most neighborhoods in the area require a permit when undergoing electrical services. This also means you could make your Ocean Isle Beach home an unsafe place to live, as well as affecting its value when reselling
Don’t Let Faulty Wiring Leave You in the Dark
When dealing with internal electrics in your home, leave it to the professionals! Every member of our team is a certified electrician, and we’ll do all the work for you. You can be sure the job will be done to a high standard. Our team undergoes regular training to stay up to date with industry standards and have years of experience in the industry.
A+ Heating & Cooling – Electrical will do the job right, every time. Call us today for a service call to make sure your Brunswick County, New Hanover County, and Columbus County home’s electrical system is working correctly, and therefore your family, are safe.