Heat pumps are two-in-one, energy-efficient HVAC solutions. They draw heat from outside when it’s cold and push hot air out when it’s warm outside. These units help you maximize energy usage and cut down on power bills.
That is, if they’re working properly. Are you experiencing problems with your HVAC unit? Our expert team of technicians at Swift Services will take care of your Myrtle Beach, SC, heat pump service needs. We can inspect your unit and figure out what’s wrong with it today!
Swift Provides Top-Rated Heat Pump Repair Services
Our licensed HVAC technicians regularly receive up-to-date training and certifications in the latest HVAC advancements. We know how these machines work and what issues lead to malfunctions.
The Swift Services team is committed to providing outstanding customer service that exceeds expectations. When we inspect your machine, we guarantee to identify the issue and fix it as fast as possible.
No matter if you’re in Surfside Beach, SC, North Myrtle Beach, SC, or any of the surrounding areas, you can count on Swift Services to provide professional heating and air conditioning installation and repair service.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
These units transfer heat by pumping refrigerant through a constant cycle of evaporation and condensation:
- A compressor pushes the refrigerant between two heat exchanging coils. One coil evaporates the refrigerant at low pressure and absorbs heat from its surroundings.
- Then, the refrigerant is compressed to the other coil where it’s condensed at a higher pressure.
- The unit releases the heat absorbed earlier in the process.
These cycles are fully reversible, meaning that heat pumps can make year-round climate control possible in your Myrtle Beach, SC, home. Call us today for more information about heat pumps and how they work.
Signs Your Heat Pump is Broken
It’s not always easy to know if your pump is malfunctioning unless it just stops working all of a sudden. If you’re concerned that your pump is broken, look for these signs:
- Loud sounds while the unit is on, which could be due to loose or damaged parts
- Short hot and cold cycles
- Not enough heating or air conditioning output, which could be due to compressor issues or a refrigerant leak
- Unusually high electric bills, which may be a sign that your system is using more energy than normal
- The unit doesn’t change between heating and cooling mode, which is a sign of a reversing valve
- Not enough airflow through vents, which is a sign of airflow restrictions
If you notice any of these issues, call Swift Services immediately. Scheduling heat pump repair or installation service sooner rather than later will help you avoid more damage to your unit.
Common Heat Pump Problems
If your heat pump isn’t working correctly, there are several issues that could be affecting its functionality:
- Thermostat issues. Check to see if your programmable thermostat is set to the right setting, and make sure the heat comes on at the correct time. If everything looks okay, the issue might be that the thermostat isn’t calibrated correctly, and the temperature in your Myrtle Beach, SC, home is being misread.
- Power loss. A tripped breaker might cause a problem with your pump. Make sure all of your breakers are in the right position. If this happens regularly, it could be a sign of an electrical failure, which needs to be serviced professionally.
- Broken reversing valve. Reversing valves allow the heat pump to serve the function of both an air conditioning and heating unit. It works by reversing the direction of the refrigerant. If your pump turns on for cool air – but not warm air – it may be a sign that your reversing valve is broken.
- Blocked unit. Heat pumps pull heat from the outside air into your North Myrtle Beach, SC, area home. If the airflow is blocked by leaves, snow, ice, or another substance, your heat pump may be struggling to perform correctly. The solution to this is simple. Just clean off the heat pump and remove debris.
- Low refrigerant charge. If the refrigerant levels in your unit are too low – probably because of a leak – your heat pump will have a hard time bringing heat into your Myrtle Beach, SC, home. Have a professional come out to check the levels.
- Dirty air filter. Air filters catch dirt and debris. If too much collects, it can start to block airflow to the compressor, which is the component that heats up the air. Check your filter regularly, and replace it when needed.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Being comfortable in your Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, home is essential, and that’s why HVAC repair is one of the most important investments that you should make.
Avoid Costly Repairs
By regularly maintaining your pump system, you avoid malfunctions that lead to expensive repairs.
When you work with a team of experts like Swift Services, you can feel confident that your air conditioning and heating system will work perfectly, season after season.
What to Expect When Working with Swift Services
Heat pumps are becoming increasingly popular in homes across the country and for good reason. Heat pump systems are effective and provide year-round comfort with only the flip of a switch.
When you work with our North Myrtle Beach team of heating and air conditioning experts, you get:
- Fair, up-front pricing
- Professional, same-day friendly service
- 100% guarantee on the quality of our work
Contact Swift Services for Your Myrtle Beach Heat Pump Repair Needs
If you’re concerned that your heat pump isn’t running efficiently, call or contact Swift Services for repair or installation service as soon as possible. For many years, we’ve provided residents of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with high-quality and transparent services. We also service Surfside Beach, SC, North Myrtle Beach, SC, and the surrounding areas.
Our team of certified, expert technicians in North Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas is eager to help you resolve the issues with your unit and help you get back to living comfortably.
To schedule an appointment, you can fill out the contact form on our website or give us a call at 843-491-0684.