Heat pumps are two-in-one energy-efficient HVAC solutions. They draw heat from outside when it’s cold and push hot air out when it’s warm outside. These units help you maximize energy usage and cut down on power bills.
That is, if they’re working properly.
Are you experiencing problems with your HVAC unit? Our expert team of technicians at Swift Services will take care of your Myrtle Beach, SC, heat pump repair. We can take a look at your unit and figure out what’s wrong with it today!
Swift Provides Top-Rated Heat Pump Repair Services
Our licensed HVAC technicians regularly receive up-to-date training and certifications in the latest HVAC advancements. We know how these machines work and what issues lead to malfunction.
The Swift Services team is committed to providing outstanding customer service that exceeds expectations. When we inspect your machine, we guarantee to identify the issue and fix it as fast as possible.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
These units transfer heat by pumping refrigerant through a constant cycle of evaporation and condensation:
- A compressor pushes the refrigerant between two heat exchanging coils. One coil evaporates the refrigerant at low pressure and absorbs heat from its surroundings.
- Then, the refrigerant is compressed to the other coil where it’s condensed at a higher pressure.
- The unit releases the heat absorbed earlier in the process.
These cycles are fully reversible, meaning that heat pumps can make year-round climate control possible in your Myrtle Beach, SC, home.
Signs Your Heat Pump is Broken
It’s not always easy to find out if your pump is malfunctioning unless it just stops working all of a sudden. If you’re concerned that your pump is broken, look for these signs:
- Loud sounds while the unit is on, which could be due to loose or damaged parts
- Short hot and cold cycles
- Not enough heating or cooling output, which could be due to compressor issues or a refrigerant leak
- Unusually high electric bills, which may be a sign that your system is using more energy than normal
- Unit doesn’t change between heating and cooling mode, which is a sign of a reversing valve
- Not enough airflow through vents, which is a sign of airflow restrictions
If you notice any of these issues, contact Swift Services immediately. Scheduling a heat pump repair service sooner rather than later will help you avoid more damage to your unit.
Common Heat Pump Problems
If your heat pump isn’t working correctly, there are several issues that could be affecting its functionality:
- Thermostat issues. Check to see if your programmable thermostat is set to the right setting, and make sure the heat comes on at the correct time. If everything looks okay, the issue might be that the thermostat isn’t calibrated correctly, and the temperature in your Myrtle Beach, SC, home is being misread.
- Power loss. A tripped breaker might cause a problem with your pump. Make sure all your breakers are in the right position. If this happens regularly, it could be a sign of an electrical failure, which needs to be serviced professionally.
- Broken reversing valve. Reversing valves allow the heat pump to serve the function of a heating and cooling unit. It works by reversing the direction of the refrigerant. If your pump turns on for cool air, but not warm air, it may be a sign that your reversing valve is broken.
- Blocked unit. Heat pumps pull heat from the outside air into your home. If the airflow is blocked by leaves, snow, ice or another substance, your heat pump may be struggling to perform correctly. The solution to this is simple. Just clean off the heat pump and remove debris.
- Low refrigerant charge. If the refrigerant levels in your unit are too low, probably because of a leak, your heat pump will have a hard time bringing heat into your home. Have a professional come out to check the levels.
- Dirty air filter. Air filters catch dirt and debris. If too much collects, it can start to block airflow to the compressor, which is the component that heats up the air. Check your filter regularly and replace it when needed.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Being comfortable in your Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, home is essential, and that’s why HVAC repair is one of the most important investments that you should make.
Avoid Costly Repairs
By regularly maintaining your pump system, you avoid malfunctions that lead to expensive repairs.
When you work with a team of experts like Swift Services, you can feel confident that your heating and cooling system will be working perfectly, season after season.
What to Expect When Working with Swift Services
Heat pumps are becoming increasingly popular in homes across the country and for good reason. Heat pump systems are effective and provide year-round comfort with only the flip of a switch.
When you work with our team of heating and air conditioning experts, you get:
- Fair, up-front pricing
- Professional, same-day friendly service
- 100% guarantee on the quality of our work
Contact Swift Services for Your Home’s Heat Pump Repair Needs
If you’re concerned that your heat pump isn’t running efficiently, contact Swift Services as soon as possible. For many years, we’ve provided residents of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with high-quality and transparent services. We also service Surfside Beach, SC, North Myrtle Beach, SC, and the surrounding areas.
Our team of certified, expert technicians is eager to help you resolve the issues with your unit and help you get back to living comfortably.
To schedule an appointment, you can fill out the contact form on our website or give us a call at 843-236-9060.