Your electrical panel, also called a distribution board, regulates the distribution of electricity throughout your home. If you demand too much electricity from a circuit, a circuit breaker will trip inside your distribution board. This trip can prevent a severe energy overload and a possible house fire.
Here at Swift Services in Myrtle Beach, SC, we ensure that your electrical panel is in good working condition! When applicable, we offer repair services, and we can install a brand-new panel for homes that need it. Whether your home in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has been around for years or is a new construction, Swift Services can help.
Learn more about how electrical panel installation services in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina can take care of your electrical needs!
Electrical Panel Replacements
HVAC systems, lights, computers, TVs, home appliances, and other electrical gadgets are more energy-efficient than ever before. However, modern households tend to have a lot more of these gadgets when compared to homes 10 years ago.
As your Myrtle Beach area home gets older, its distribution board may have a hard time keeping up with your household’s high-energy consumption. It would be best if you replaced an old or damaged distribution board to protect your home from overloads of energy.
Older homes often have panels that will not trip when they need to, which can create a fire hazard.
Your electrical panel may need replacing if it:
- Has had a recall: Certain older models released between the 1950s and 1990s have safety issues due to inadequate, careless, or outdated designs. Are you unsure if the manufacturer has recalled your home’s distribution board or if the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission declared it unsafe? Contact our experienced technicians today! We’ll help you decide if you need a new distribution board.
- It is 20+ years old: Distribution boards typically have a lifespan of around 20 to 30 years. You should have your older panel examined by a professional to determine if it needs replacing.
- Shows signs of electrical fires: As the wires inside your panel wear down over time, they will become prone to burning out. If you notice a distinct burning smell or charring around the circuit breakers, you will likely need to get a new distribution board.
- Causes frequent breaker trips: Breakers that trip frequently indicates a failed mechanism. If they fail to trip, you could get shocked. Electrical shocks can cause injury or be fatal.
We highly recommend that you don’t wait to schedule service until it becomes an emergency or your home completely loses power. Contact our local electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC today for professional and high-quality electrical panel installation services! We’ll get the job done right the first time.
Signs Your Electrical Panel is in Need of Repair
In some cases, we may be able to repair your electrical panel rather than replacing it entirely. Your best bet to prevent costly replacements is to schedule routine inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
Check out these signs that indicate your distribution board needs electrical repair services:
- Flickering lights
- Ineffective use of multiple appliances at once
- Improper wiring due to careless or faulty installation
- A discolored bus bar
- Humming noises
- Constant tripping of breakers
Neglecting to get your distribution board repaired or replaced can result in costly damages. Protect yourself, your family, and your home from a fire by giving Swift Services a phone call for service! We work with our customers to create effective distribution board solutions that will last for decades.
Contact Swift Services in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for Electrical Panel Service
Our highly trained electricians in Myrtle Beach, SC use the latest tools and techniques when performing electrical panel installation and replacement services. This way, we can ensure your electrical system is functioning correctly.
We’ll help to keep your property and family members safe from serious electrical issues. When you’re searching for Myrtle Beach electricians, don’t hesitate to dial our phone number and call Swift Services to request an appointment for service!
For professional electrical services that your Myrtle Beach, SC area home can depend on, trust Swift Services. From electrical wiring services to ceiling fan installations and beyond, we’ll take care of any electrical project that comes your way. No matter the project or electrical work that you might need, our team of electricians can help.