Your electrical panel, also called a distribution board, regulates the distribution of electricity throughout your home. If you demand too much electricity from a circuit, a circuit breaker will trip inside your distribution board. This trip can prevent a severe energy overload and resulting house fire.
Here at Swift Services, we ensure that your electrical panel is in working condition! When applicable, we offer repair services, and we can install a brand-new panel for homes that need it. Learn more about how you can benefit from our electrical panel installation services in Myrtle Beach!
Electrical Panel Replacements
HVAC systems, lights, computers, TVs, home appliances, and other electrical gadgets are more energy-efficient than ever before.
However, modern households tend to have a lot more of these gadgets when compared to homes ten years ago.
As your home gets older, its distribution board may have a hard time keeping up with your household’s high energy consumption.
It would be best if you replaced an old or damaged distribution board to protect your home from overloads of energy.
Older homes often have panels that will not trip when they need to, which can create a fire hazard.
Your electrical panel may need replacing if it:
- Has had a recall: Certain older models released between the 1950s and 1990s have safety issues due to inadequate, careless, or outdated designs. Unsure if the manufacturer has recalled the distribution board or if the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission declared it unsafe? Contact our experienced technicians today! We’ll help you decide if you need a new distribution board.
- It is 20+ years old: Distribution boards typically have a lifespan of around 20 to 30 years. You should have your older panel examined by a professional to determine if it needs replacing.
- Shows signs of electrical fires: As the wires inside your panel wear down over time, they will become prone to burning out. If you notice a distinct burning smell or charring around the circuit breakers, you will likely need to get a new distribution board.
- Causes frequent breaker trips: Breakers that trip frequently indicates a failed mechanism. If they fail to trip, you could get shocked. Electrical shocks can cause injury or be fatal.
Contact our technicians today for expert electrical panel installation services!
Signs Your Electrical Panel is in Need of Repair
In some cases, we may be able to repair your electrical panel rather than replacing it entirely. Your best bet to prevent costly replacements is to schedule routine inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
Check out these signs that indicate your distribution board needs repairs:
- Flickering lights
- Ineffective use of multiple appliances at once
- Improper wiring due to careless or faulty installation
- A discolored bus bar
- Humming noises
- Constant tripping of breakers
Neglecting to get your distribution board repaired or replaced can result in costly damages. Protect yourself, your family, and your home from a fire by enlisting Swift Services! We work with our customers to create effective distribution board solutions that will last for decades.
Call Us To Schedule Your Electrical Panel Installation and Replacement Service!
Our highly-trained technicians in Myrtle Beach use the latest tools and techniques when performing electrical panel installation and replacement services. This way, we can ensure your electrical system is functioning correctly.
Keep your property and family members safe from serious electrical issues. Call Swift Services today!